Looks like your iPad mini is giving you troubles, and you do not remember your passwords at all, not an issue as PhoneGnome is here to save your day. Learn How to Factory Reset iPad mini without iCloud Password / Apple ID, we advise you to go through a simple force restart first as sometimes the backlogged cache makes it tough for the iPad to perform the general operations. If you have other versions too like iPad mini 2 / iPad mini 3 / iPad mini 4 then you must read How to factory reset iPad without Apple ID.
Force Restart iPad mini
Please make sure that you have closed all the background running apps before performing this method as we have seen that models like iPad mini 4 cannot fetch the desired result if any app is left unclosed while force restarting. Follow the steps to perform force restart:
- Press & hold the power/lock button on your iPad until the red slider appears.
- Drag that slider to the right on the screen in order to shut down your device.
- After “complete turn off”, again hold the power button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
This process will clear the unrequired cache & glitch which were making the device go slow or under-perform. IFF your iPad mini is still not showing up with the usual nice performance, then you are left with no option but to go for the hard reset of your expensive device.
Hard reset iPad mini.
So, be ready to give numerous efforts on your iPad mini as this procedure is not as easy as the first one was. No, we have not forgotten that you already have lost your iCloud password, or shall we say the Apple password, probably the whole Apple ID which certainly involves the username/email id too. Don’t worry, we have a way out which requires no credentials at all, and you can perform the task efficiently anyway.
NOTE: Please make sure that you have turned off the find my iPad feature in your machine before going for this solution because if you let this function stay active, you might end up locking your device & fall into another pit, and this time a bigger one. Learn How to Turn OFF Find My iPad.
Follow the instructions to factory reset your iPad mini without iCloud password:
- Navigate to Setting option from your home screen.
- Slide down till you find “General”, enter in this option, and click on the reset tab.
- A new option list will open, tap on the “Erase All Content and Setting”.
- A pop-up window will slide up from the bottom of the screen, asking you to Erase everything. This is more like a warning from the system, giving you another chance to back-up your data before deleting everything or take a U-turn f you clicked this option unintentionally.
- After you confirm the Erase button, the device will ask you for your passcode. The same passcode you always use while unlocking the iPad mini. Enter it.
- The device will restart now, and when it will be back to your home screen, your iPad will no longer have your data and all the settings will be pushed to default.
Done and Dusted
This is how you can bring your iPad mini back to perform the same way as it used to, without worrying about the forgotten iCloud password or Apple ID.