For nearly a decade, we’ve been trying to perfect compact devices for the best functions they can carry out with as much power as the rest of the technology. In the need of which, we designed smartwatches. These watches were highly powered devices that could basically carry out all the tasks accomplished by a cellphone and even more. From a simple digitally powered watch with an LED display to a watch that could accomplish simple tasks like calculation, setting alarms and timers, to a watch with cellular connectivity, to a device that can even measure your blood pressure and pulse. After years of evolution, there have been some significant developments in this field.
In the past few years, Apple has presented itself to be a worthy technological brand to power their smartwatches with the best features they could imagine to make even the simplest stuff easier for its users. Apple’s watches offer features like tracking your menstrual cycle, checking up on your heart rate, checking a compass for directions, checking time and date (which is a fairly obvious feature), installing apps that can also be used on a cellphone, reading, and sending text messages, listening to music, and so on. One of such features is calculation. Apple provides an in-built app as a calculator for carrying out simple arithmetic tasks.
It can clearly be seen how hard Apple has worked on its features, given that it’s still trying it’s best to improve even the existing features. On their watchOS 6, Apple has introduced a feature in the in-built calculator app by which you can figure out the tip for a given meal or to split the bill if you’re having a meal with a group of people. This feature is quite handy to use, as it saves a lot of time and it doesn’t require any third party apps or services to work because earlier, Apple users had to be dependent on third party apps for them to even use apps like a calculator on their Apple watches.
You can use both of these features, which are splitting the bill and figuring out the tip, together or you can use both of them independently. This can simply be done by keeping the value of the tip as 0% or by setting the number of people to 1.
Although, using these features is quite easy but sometimes users have trouble figuring out the right and completely useful way to utilize a feature. So if you are wondering how to use this feature correctly, then here’s how:
Let Us Know How to use the split bill and tip calculator feature on Apple Watch
- On your Apple smartwatch, launch the in-built Calculator app.
- Input the total value of your bill.
- Select the button that says “Tip”, which would be found in the upper-right corner, beside the divide operator.
- When the tip field gets highlighted with green color, use the digital crown which is the adjustment knob on the side of the watch to adjust the amount of the tip. The tip is initially set to 20%.
- Select the button that says “People” and by using the digital crown, increase the number of people that are going to split that bill. Although, only a limited amount of 50 people that can split the bill.
- If you need to swap the button that says “Tip” with a “%” sign, on the in-built calculator app of the watch, firmly press the main screen and when a display prompts you to choose between the “Tip Function” and “Percentage”, then select “%”.
I hope I could address all your queries and you can easily use the in-built calculator app now to split bills and figure out the tip. If you have any further doubts, you can visit support.apple.com or you may leave a comment below. Also, please leave a like on the content if it was helpful.